The company is focused on: Telecommunications Systems / VoIP / IP Telephony; Data Networking; Information Security; Data Centers / Cloud Computing / Virtualization / Storage; IP Video / Video Teleconferencing; Wireless and Mobility; Computing / Servers / Workstations / PC’s / Tablets, etc.
AITC has an opening for a Director, Engineering and Applied Technology position in support of our Global mission but with primary duty station at our Winter Springs, FL. Headquarters.
This is a senior-level executive position that will report to the CEO. The director manages relationships with clients, stakeholders and corporate board members. Will oversee the engineering team and provides technical status of projects to the CEO / President. The Director will analyze systems and delegate tasks to team members. Provide detailed analysis, reports, advice, and designs on all related new systems or system upgrades to existing system components. Provides expertise in requirements analysis, component selection, risk assessment, design, implementation, integration, test, post-delivery support. Must be willing to travel to meet clients, attend conferences and support the CEO as needed for business development.
- Lead and monitor the progress of engineering teams
- Design department wide processes and procedures to optimize the use of resources and increase profit
- Make and approve financial decisions as they relate to the Engineering Department.
- Communicate the strategic vision to managers and ensure that work aligns with the company’s broader goals.
- Oversee the execution of a project from initial brainstorming session to finished product
- Manage teams, assigning roles and establishing work schedules, to include hiring
- Train new team members and provide technical expertise to teams in crisis
- Create and monitor budgets for the engineering group
- Oversees and participates in requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements
- Performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
- Performs detailed technical analyses for a system, subsystem or system elements
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Researches, designs, and develops systems, in conjunction with software and hardware product development, applying principles and techniques of systems engineering, modeling and simulation and analysis
- Provides engineering support for proposals
- Participates in or leads Statement of Work (SOW) generation for subcontracts
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and projects
- Plans and executes significant project tasks for activities described above
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses
- Keeps abreast of technology trends
- Contributes to the achievement of business objectives
- Travel required (Up to 40%) to both State side and Overseas locations
- 15 + years of experience in Systems Engineering
- 5+ years of Personnel management
- Degree in an Information Systems or Engineering discipline
- Experience mentoring and training junior and senior Systems Engineering in the tenants of Systems Engineering
- Use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Experience with project leadership principles
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working at all levels of the test and integration process,
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to thrive in multi-disciplinary environment
- Department of Defense Secret Clearance
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience, expertise, education, and potential. We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.