AITC is a fast-growing, proven, and reputable Information Technology Company focused on Systems Integration, Value- Added Reselling, and Professional Services of IT and related products and solutions. We represent over 1,200 select manufacturers to a network of direct and indirect Customers in the Federal, State and Local Governments as well as in the Commercial sector.
AITC offers: Strategic Planning; Technology and Risk Assessment; System Design and Implementation; System Migration; Solutions Sales, Maintenance and Support Services; Training and Training Development; Consulting; Program Management; Lifecycle Management; IT Staffing Support; and Managed IT Services.
The company is focused on: Telecommunications Systems / VoIP / IP Telephony; Data Networking; Information Security; Data Centers / Cloud Computing / Virtualization / Storage; IP Video / Video Teleconferencing; Wireless and Mobility; Computing / Servers / Workstations / PC’s / Tablets, etc.
AITC has an opening for a Senior Network Engineer/Architect position in support of our Global mission but with primary duty station at our Winter Springs, FL. Headquarters.
The Senior Network Engineer/Architect will have diverse and extensive practical and working experience as a telecommunications specialist developing, designing, integrating and installing complex network systems including knowledge, skills
- Develop network architecture that effectively supports the customer’s objectives, service-level and availability requirements, Information Security and other technology parameters.
- Gather operational requirements from clients to be used in the planning, forecasting, designing and securing of the enterprise network, including wide area and local area networks.
- Plan, design, implement and optimize the network infrastructure
- Produce topologies of complex, large-scale, converged network designs.
- Communicate the network strategy, architecture and procurement opportunities to management through well written documents that capture the benefits and value provided.
- Analyze technical needs and requirements, and provide recommended course of action for meeting customer objectives.
- Develop multiple Course of Actions to functional problems and reduce abstract ideas to easily understood procedures.
- Research methods, best practices, standards-based architecture and design philosophies to assure the overall health, security and scalability of the network.
- Isolate problems, restore services, and determine the root cause of incidents.
- Analyze, interpret, and present research findings required including technical analysis of requirements in an effort to properly scope and cost projects across the network lifecycle.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Program Management Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
The incumbent is expected to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional,
- 8 -10 years of IT system and network administration experience working in a globally distributed infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area required.
- Possess professional IT training and certifications to include:
- A+ Certification required
- Network+ Certification required
- Security + Certification required
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) required
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) required
- Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE) preferred
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) preferred
- Must have strong experience with
- Layer 3 technologies:
- IPv4, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, VRRP, QoS, Multicast.
- Layer 2 technologies:
- STP, VLANs, Ether channel, UDLD, ONS, VDC, VPC, QoS; authentication technologies, IPS, Firewalls, VPN, DMVPN;
- LAN/WAN technologies;
- Multiple vendors hardware, routing/switching technology, network security integration, Wireless LAN technology, VoIP and VPNs.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Technical documentation and use of all Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Effective time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities with attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Department of Defense Secret Clearanc
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the corporation regardless of role or responsibility:
- Positive attitude . . . a high level of enthusiasm, motivation
andresilience . . . a sense of urgency to obtain results . . . an ability to maintain a positive attitude when under pressure . . . an ability to keep things in perspective.
- Respect . . . a commitment to treat employees, clients and vendors with respect . . . a willingness to be respectful of others’ opinions and ideas . . . a commitment to respect the work of others.
- Professionalism . . . a high level of professionalism in attitude demeanor and dress . . . demonstrate maturity in handling confidential matters . . . a consistent businesslike demeanor and performance . . . common sense and good judgment…have good attendance and be punctual.
- Dependability . . . a reputation for doing what you say you are going to do . . . a willingness to go beyond the call of duty.
- Integrity . . . a track record of doing the right thing for the right reason . . . honesty and sincerity . . . earning the trust of clients and coworkers . . . maintaining strict standards of confidentiality.
- Commitment to quality . . . proof all work for accuracy…..a demand for excellence in all forms of communication . . . always looking after the smallest detail.
- Creativity . . . a reputation for innovative thinking . . . working with an entrepreneurial spirit . . . not only in the visual aspects of our work, but in all areas of our business.
AITC provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with AITC and who will strive to improve performance and results. If you are ethical, driven, personable,
Our team members are diverse and experienced professionals who are driven to meet high standards. They are passionate and demonstrate pride in their work and in AITC. If you join our team, you will have the rewarding experience of working in an innovative, collaborative, and high-pace work environment.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience, expertise, education, and potential. We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.