AITC is fast-growing, proven, and reputable Information Technology Company focused on Systems Integration, Value-Added Reselling, and Professional Services of IT products and End-To-End solutions. We represent from top select manufacturers to a network of direct and indirect Customers in the Federal, State and Local Governments as well as in the Commercial sector.
AITC offers: Strategic Planning; Technology and Risk Assessment; System Design and Implementation; System Migration; Solutions Sales, Maintenance and Support Services; Training and Training Development; Consulting; Program Management; Lifecycle Management; IT Staffing Support; and Managed IT Services.
The company is focused on: Telecommunications Systems / VoIP / IP Telephony; Data Networking; Information Security; Data Centers / Cloud Computing / Virtualization / Storage; IP Video / Video Teleconferencing; Wireless and Mobility; Computing / Servers / Workstations / PC’s / Tablets, etc. AITC has an opening for a new Cybersecurity Systems Administrator position in Einsiedlerhof, Germany in support of Warrior Preparation Center (WPC) Network operations.
Cybersecurity Support candidate will provide cybersecurity support for all WPC networks to assist in developing constructive capabilities to train in a synthetic environment against cyber-attacks and assist other nations in obtaining and maintaining distributed connection with CFBLNet supporting SPARTAN Training/Exercise events.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the sustainment of the accredited cybersecurity posture of the WPC’s domain enclaves by actively tracking and maintaining assigned network’s cyber-vulnerability level and system compliance to applicable DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs);
- Serve as the operations lead for WPC’s Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) systems and scan/report production processes;
- Work with the WPC Cybersecurity Office to provide technical inputs for Cyber Vulnerability Management (CVM) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) regarding remediation timelines or vulnerability mitigation to sufficient detail;
- Actively maintain lists of active hosts on the assigned networks and the corresponding inventory listings of software used to determine STIGs and/or SRGs that need to be applied;
- Research proposed configuration updates/changes and apply a “patch-and-test” approach as appropriate to determine if a configuration update/change will have a detrimental effect on the WPC
- processes and operational training mission to make a determination on application in the operational environment;
- Track/report event partner’s compliance of configuration changes based on CYBERCOM-driven tasking orders or other DoD short-notice threat response notifications;
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise of DoD and AF policies, instructions related to the C&A processes, AF Security, Interoperability, Supportability, Sustainability and Interoperability (SISSU) activities, the AF Certification and Accreditation Process (AFCAP), and DoD’s Risk Management Framework (RMF);
- Provide security engineering to assist in implement security controls and ensure these controls do not degrade performance and availability requirements needed to execute and sustain M&S/LVC exercises/events;
- Report security findings and issues associated with the RMF process to the appropriate Cybersecurity POCs;
- Review system artifacts (e.g., documents) for accuracy and perform hands-on testing of system security features;
- Conduct facility visits to US other nations distributed training center to observe the actual processes related to each IA control (technical, personnel, operational, or management in nature);
- Utilize tools such as Retina and Nessus scanners, DISA System Readiness Review (SRR) and Gold Disks, and database and web server security test tools;
- Perform hands-on validation of IA control implementation in M&S/LVC;
- Base assessment primarily on the validation procedures of the DIACAP or RMF Knowledge Service and DISA STIGs;
- Provide specialized subject matter expertise of the M&S/LVC community’s systems;
- Support Configuration Management (CM) and documentation of the infrastructure, network, and equipment, physical locations of equipment, and facility features require baselines and shall be under change control;
- Assist with CM, including the following: maintain circuit action records, maintain network and rack elevation diagrams;
- Consolidate and maintain baseline hardware lists for each WPC network including other nations connecting to WPC network or systems;
- Develop and maintain network diagram of network infrastructure for every communication room, including but not limited to: Coalition and Exercise networks, VTC systems, and IP telephones. Network drawings shall be updated regularly as defined by WPC standards. Network drawings and hardware inventory lists shall be updated monthly or as changes are made, to include all new and revised information obtained the previous month. Contractor shall maintain a database of communications equipment (such as switches, routers, hub, and encryption devices) used in all WPC networks;
- Provide cybersecurity support for WPC LVC Operations Integration;
- Provide cybersecurity support to enable WPC obtaining and maintaining cybersecurity approval to connect to Allied, Coalition and PfP nation distributed training centers and the associated network systems and training devices;
- Provide cybersecurity advice, guidance, recommendations, and review of identified products created by units for their specific sites to comply with Federal, DoD and AF IA policies;
- Provide security engineering support to the IAM and configuration management (CM) team and assist in providing balance between the reasonable implementation of cybersecurity/security controls and the performance and availability requirements needed to sustain the mission;
- Work to provide solutions to security and technical challenges to the user’s connectivity including documenting problem areas with recommendations for resolution to WPC/DO, conducting site visit follow-ups on issues and resolutions as needed, documenting recommendations for process
- improvements and provide to WPC/DO, providing lessons learned quarterly for the user community to WPC/DO for publishing, conducting annual security reviews and provide report to the IAM and WPC/DO, and providing customer service support to installation sites as identified by WPC/DO; 24) assist the WPC in achieving consistent application/implementation of network and system security policies, countermeasures, and procedures under development and fielded to user sites;
- Assist the IAM in assessing the accuracy and completeness of system accreditation packages in accordance with DIACAP/RMF to increase the overall security posture of the WPC;
- Assist as required in maintaining and updating CM control of the following documents: Configuration Management Plan, Risk Management Plan, Vulnerability Management Plan, Patch Management Plan, Incident Response Plan, COOP, and DRP;
- Other duties as assigned.
Incumbent is required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Mandatory Experience & Requirements
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Craftsman: Server Infrastructure and/or Red Hat Certified System Administrator; 5-7 years’ experience.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II Certification required.
- Experience with ACAS or Tenable Nessus vulnerability scanners.
- ISSO cybersecurity qualification.
- Security Clearance: Secret. The selected applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Desired Experience & Education
- A bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of functional experience, OR; An associate’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience OR 11 total years of recent specialized experience;
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience supporting LVC distributed training systems and Distributed Training Centers (DTC).
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience, expertise, education, and potential. We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.