AITC is a fast-growing, proven, and reputable Information Technology Company focused on Systems Integration, Value-Added Reselling, and Professional Services of IT and related products and solutions. We represent over 1,200 select manufacturers to a network of direct and indirect Customers in the Federal, State and Local Governments as well as in the Commercial sector.
AITC offers: Strategic Planning; Technology and Risk Assessment; System Design and Implementation; System Migration; Solutions Sales, Maintenance and Support Services; Training and Training Development; Consulting; Program Management; Lifecycle Management; IT Staffing Support; and Managed IT Services.
The company is focused on: Telecommunications Systems / VoIP / IP Telephony; Data Networking; Information Security; Data Centers / Cloud Computing / Virtualization / Storage; IP Video / Video Teleconferencing; Wireless and Mobility; Computing / Servers / Workstations / PC’s / Tablets, etc.
Primary ongoing responsibility is for management of projects. Focuses on meeting project commitments, including communications with client. Spends significant time on project management responsibilities. As assigned, lead or assist in the planning, implementation and introduction of projects for new systems and technologies.
- Lead planning and/or implementation of projects. May participate in the design and/or testing phases.
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary.
- Responsibility for assembling the project staff; for their technical or functional development, performance, and/or termination during the project or projects.
- Manage project budget and resource allocation.
- Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements. Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery. Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients’ needs as appropriate to senior management. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology.
- Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management.
- Reviews goals, accomplishments, and overall team performance at key stages.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and direction setting to team members. Ensure project team and staff training and development.
Incumbent is expected to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position-specific duties.
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing various projects. Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes. Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of staff. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools:
- Prepare: definition/scope/requirements
- Execute & Control: scope, workplans, resources, deliverables, Q/A, transition planning, etc.
- Close: completion and assessment
- Strong and tested project management skills, including risk management.
- Understanding of IT
- Recognizes problems or situations that are new or without clear precedent. Evaluates alternatives and finds solutions using a systematic, multi-step approach.
- Develops improvements and innovations to enhance performance.
- Consults and provides advice, facilitates discussion and resolves conflict; establishes trust; builds and uses cross- functional relationships to accomplish work objectives.
- Creates a sense of belonging and ownership among team members; assembles a team with the right mix of skills; coaches and motivates team members; delegates responsibility; promotes mutual support and interaction.
- Conveys goals and objectives clearly and in a compelling manner; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; interprets verbal and non-verbal messages that others communicate; produces clear status reports; communicates tactfully and candidly.
- Ensures that project status, issues and successes are communicated to project team, customer and all levels of management and documented appropriately.
- Ensures open communication on the project team. Addresses delicate situations and handles conflicts in such a way as to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk.
- Understands how and when to make a choice; how and when to escalate issues to higher levels. Analyzes the risks and future impact of decisions.
- Makes decisions and takes timely independent action in pursuit of priorities.
- Understands and effectively uses established policies and procedures.
- Creates within the team a shared focus on the importance of achieving results. Creates work standards for project; establishes and defines roles and responsibilities, specific outcomes, and clear measures for quality and success of the team. Provides performance feedback and assists employees with plans for development and training.
- Prioritizes own and team’s work. Anticipates consequences of actions, potential problems, or opportunities for change.
- Sets and meets realistic deadlines. Forecasts changes and communicates current and projected issues.
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the corporation regardless of role or responsibility:
- Positive attitude . . . a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and resilience . . . a sense of urgency to obtain results . . . an ability to maintain a positive attitude when under pressure . . . an ability to keep things in perspective.
- Respect . . . a commitment to treat employees, clients and vendors with respect . . . a willingness to be respectful of others’ opinions and ideas . . . a commitment to respect the work of others.
- Professionalism . . . a high level of professionalism in attitude demeanor and dress . . . demonstrate maturity in handling confidential matters . . . a consistent businesslike demeanor and performance . . . common sense and good judgment…have good attendance and be punctual.
- Dependability . . . a reputation for doing what you say you are going to do . . . a willingness to go beyond the call of duty.
- Integrity . . . a track record of doing the right thing for the right reason . . . honesty and sincerity . . . earning the trust of clients and coworkers . . . maintaining strict standards of confidentiality.
- Commitment to quality . . . proof all work for accuracy…a demand for excellence in all forms of communication . . . always looking after the smallest detail.
- Creativity . . . a reputation for innovative thinking . . . working with an entrepreneurial spirit . . . not only in the visual aspects of our work, but in all areas of our business.
AITC provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with AITC and who will strive to improve performance and results. If you are ethical, driven, personable, and energetic, there will be additional opportunities for you here at AITC.
Our team members are diverse and experienced professionals who are driven to meet high standards. They are passionate and demonstrate pride in their work and in AITC. If you join our team, you will have the rewarding experience of working in an innovative, collaborative, and high-pace work environment.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience, expertise, education, and potential. We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.