AITC has an opening for a Senior AV Quality Assurance Engineer position in support of the U.S. Army Information Systems Engineering Command (USAISEC) Fort Huachuca Engineering Directorate (FHED) in support of C41 Fort Huachuca, AZ location.
The Senior AV Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for provisioning, installation/configuration and optimization of systems and oversight of government A/V Contractor implementation efforts to ensure compliance with Contractor engineering designs. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the Engineering Directorate organization. They must have a solid understanding of network components, Windows operating systems, application servers and databases.
The Senior AV Quality Assurance Engineer creates, maintains, and owns infrastructure related technical specifications, designs, and schedules with limited direction from manager. Forges strong relationships across groups within the Engineering Directorate, key infrastructure groups, and managed service providers. They will assist in the provisioning, optimization, and troubleshooting of proposed infrastructure systems. Have expertise in SCIF Construction related A/V QA procedures (sound reinforcement, lighting, wall reinforcement, Power, Grounding, Cable management systems, cable installation, Equipment Rack installation).
- Provide Expert Level Audio/Visual Engineering and Installation support.
- Provide expert level QA oversight of A/V related construction efforts
- Expert knowledge of Secure Compartmentalized Information Facility A/V implementation and Construction requirements.
- Analyze Operational, Functional & Technical Requirements in order to Develop Audio/Visual Systems Design Documents such as Systems Design Plans, Engineering Implementation Plans, etc.
- Provide expert analysis and Advice on Layer 1 Infrastructure Installation plans that include but are not limited to: Fiber Optic cabling, Copper cabling, Cable pathways, Protective Distribution Systems (PDS), Telecommunication Equipment Racks, Power, Grounding and HVAC.
- Document Project Scope & Timelines.
- Identify Project Stakeholders along with their Roles & Responsibilities.
- Perform Technical Feasibility Studies & Conduct Decision Analysis.
- Develop, Analyze & Present Technical Courses of Action (COAs) for decisions regarding Data & Voice Network system designs.
- Develop & Present Technical Information Papers (e.g. Issue Paper, Executive Correspondence, etc.)
- Monitor Project Execution
- Report on Project Performance
- Manage Stakeholder Expectations.
- Prepare Meeting Reports (CDRL FH01)
- Prepare Trip Reports (CDRL FH02)
- Develop and Present Briefings to Project Stakeholders.
- Strong Time Management skills. Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience working with the ITIL and ITSM models.
- Highly proficient in Windows environments and its application to engineering design.
Incumbent is required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- 10+ years experience in audio/visual systems design and implementation within US government Command & Control facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Must have deep technical knowledge in operating systems, client and/or hosting hardware, back office applications, web and application services, network protocols, databases, connectivity services, storage, backup and recovery, and systems management concepts and techniques for mission critical systems.
- In-depth understanding of computer technologies, environments, and data centers and their engineering integration into mission critical system designs.
- Must be familiar with current fiber and copper communications message and copper and fiber terminations.
- Encourages an environment of sharing and team work among the team.
- Must possess excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Skilled in the use of the Microsoft Office products: Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint and Word.
- Valid US Passport or ability to obtain a US Passport within 30 days of start date.
- Position requires deployments to CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Top Secret Clearance and possess eligibility to access Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Spaces
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the corporation regardless of role or responsibility:
- Positive attitude . . . a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and resilience . . . a sense of urgency to obtain results . . . an ability to maintain a positive attitude when under pressure . . . an ability to keep things in perspective.
- Respect . . . a commitment to treat employees, clients and vendors with respect . . . a willingness to be respectful of others’ opinions and ideas . . . a commitment to respect the work of others.
- Professionalism . . . a high level of professionalism in attitude demeanor and dress . . . demonstrate maturity in handling confidential matters . . . a consistent businesslike demeanor and performance . . . common sense and good judgment…have good attendance and be punctual.
- Dependability . . . a reputation for doing what you say you are going to do . . . a willingness to go beyond the call of duty.
- Integrity . . . a track record of doing the right thing for the right reason . . . honesty and sincerity . . . earning the trust of clients and coworkers . . . maintaining strict standards of confidentiality.
- Commitment to quality . . . proof all work for accuracy…..a demand for excellence in all forms of communication . . . always looking after the smallest detail.
- Creativity . . . a reputation for innovative thinking . . . working with an entrepreneurial spirit . . . not only in the visual aspects of our work, but in all areas of our business.
AITC provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with AITC and who will strive to improve performance and results. If you are ethical, driven, personable, and energetic, there will be additional opportunities for you here at AITC.
Our team members are diverse and experienced professionals who are driven to meet high standards. They are passionate and demonstrate pride in their work and in AITC. If you join our team, you will have the rewarding experience of working in an innovative, collaborative, and high-pace work environment.
AITC is a fast-growing, proven and reputable Information Technology company, focused on Systems Integration, Value-Added Reselling, and Professional Services of IT products and end-to-end solutions. We represent more than 1,200 select manufacturers to a network of direct and indirect customers in the federal, state and local governments, as well as the commercial sector.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience, expertise, education, and potential. We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
AITC Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity in the workplace. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V
If you think you have what it takes to join our highly qualified team, please send your resume (MS Word or PDF format) to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.