AITC has an opening for a Systems Engineer position in support of our Global mission but with primary duty station at our Winter Springs, FL. Headquarters.
The Systems Engineer provides detailed analysis, reports, advice, and designs on all related new systems or system upgrades to existing system components. Provide engineering support and subject matter expertise in network communication technology for requirements analysis, component selection, design and test; review technical documentation; participating in design reviews, teleconferences, meetings, and discussions concerning systems upgrades, reporting on all findings, conclusions, and issues concerning these development and upgrades, and conduct in-plant and on-site testing. Interact with contractors and customers. Travel as required to support meetings, conferences, data gathering, and testing events.
- Perform requirements analysis, decompose and allocate requirements
- Generate Requirements traceability matrixes
- Track all program requirements and technical specifications, ensuring design and manufacturing processes support verification and validation.
- Perform site surveys to collect information such as; network configuration; network layout; state of the fiber optic network infrastructure; network equipment obsolescence or end of life equipment; equipment locations; possible network vulnerabilities
- Validate equipment lists provided to ensure they meet the intended capabilities
- Verify and research equipment End of Life (EoL) information
- Ensure systems compliance to industry and applicable DoD requirements.
- Develop technical risk assessments;
- Coordinate the engineering analysis work required for the project.
- Coordinate with vendors for potential new technologies
- Provide support for Quality issues and planning as required.
- Read and interpret change orders, improvement plans, technical information and existing engineering drawings.
- Prepare Microsoft Visio drawing of the network topology and network devices
- Prepare Site Survey reports, Technical Study reports
- Prepare Engineering plans such as; Technical Solution Implementation Plan (TSIP), System Engineering Management Plan (SEMP)
- Configure Cisco switches
- Integrate hardware and software components
- Read engineering instruments, meters and gauges and accurately recording findings.
- Develop Test Plans and Procedures
- Execute Test Plans and Procedures
- Prepare project close-out support documentation, lessons learned, risk close-out and final project information storage, strategic and tactical planning.
- 7 + years of experience in Systems Integration and Testing
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Possess professional IT training and certifications to include:
- A+ Certification required
- Net+ Certification required
- Security + Certification required
- CCNA preferred
- Microsoft Certifications preferred
- Previous work history with Cisco, Tech Data, WWT, STG or similar as a Solutions Engineer is preferred
- Knowledge of current vendors network products and systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Visio and other Microsoft Office products
- Experience working with all network components, (servers, workstations, mobile, switches/routers, Access Points, cabling/fiber).
- Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to thrive in multi-disciplinary environment
- Department of Defense Secret Clearance
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the corporation regardless of role or responsibility:
- Positive attitude . . . a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and resilience . . . a sense of urgency to obtain results . . . an ability to maintain a positive attitude when under pressure . . . an ability to keep things in perspective.
- Respect . . . a commitment to treat employees, clients and vendors with respect . . . a willingness to be respectful of others’ opinions and ideas . . . a commitment to respect the work of others.
- Professionalism . . . a high level of professionalism in attitude demeanor and dress . . . demonstrate maturity in handling confidential matters . . . a consistent businesslike demeanor and performance . . . common sense and good judgment…have good attendance and be punctual.
- Dependability . . . a reputation for doing what you say you are going to do . . . a willingness to go beyond the call of duty.
- Integrity . . . a track record of doing the right thing for the right reason . . . honesty and sincerity . . . earning the trust of clients and coworkers . . . maintaining strict standards of confidentiality.
- Commitment to quality . . . proof all work for accuracy…..a demand for excellence in all forms of communication . . . always looking after the smallest detail.
- Creativity . . . a reputation for innovative thinking . . . working with an entrepreneurial spirit . . . not only in the visual aspects of our work, but in all areas of our business.
AITC provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with AITC and who will strive to improve performance and results. If you are ethical, driven, personable, and energetic, there will be additional opportunities for you here at AITC.
Our team members are diverse and experienced professionals who are driven to meet high standards. They are passionate and demonstrate pride in their work and in AITC. If you join our team, you will have the rewarding experience of working in an innovative, collaborative, and high-pace work environment.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience, expertise, education, and potential. We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
AITC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity in the workplace. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V
If you think you have what it takes to join our highly qualified team, please send your resume (MS Word or PDF format) to: mailto:email@example.com.