AITC has an opening for a Network Engineer position in support of our Global mission but with primary duty station at our Winter Springs Headquarters.
The candidate will be responsible for performing engineering services to enable all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, sustainment of existing networks. Analyze design, specifications, and related documents. Implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a networked enterprise environment. Analyzes network characteristics (eg traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends modification of network configurations. Prepares technical documentation and presentations to engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the network. Performs a full range of upgrades to the existing network architecture.
The candidate will also support a vast number of other corporate tasks including: Developing technical solutions; Installing IT and A/V solutions at remote Project Sites; Conducting Information Assurance scans and Certifications, and other related IT, A/V, and IA efforts.
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing servers, network devices and firewalls.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, and VMware and Microsoft HyperV technologies
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make
- a hands-off environment
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Responsible for support of Windows Server 2008 and 2012 along with Windows 7, 8 and 10 Professional.
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Microsoft IIS administration and configuration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Monitor and support server backups, virus protection, IAVA Compliance and patch management.
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q
- Monitor, analyze, and resolve problems that occur in the corporate network.
- Coordinate and summarize reporting of security notice compliancy.
- Be proficient with DNS, WINS, DHCP, and TCP/IP.
- Maintain proficiency in all required certifications (Cisco, Brocade, Polycom, Crestron, HP, Dell, etc.).
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Evaluate vendor hardware, firewall, telecom and software and summarize recommendation
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Carry out special tasks at Management’s direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The incumbent is expected to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- 6 -8 years of IT system and network administration experience working in a globally distributed infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- Possess professional IT training and certifications to include:
- A+ Certification required
- Net+ Certification required
- Security + Certification required
- CCNA required
- CCDA preferred
- Microsoft Certification preferred
- Hands on experience with telecommunications systems including peripheral equipment (e.g. computer networks, optical fiber, on site controllers, data modems, terminals, etc.)
- Unified message (Lync, Avaya), IP Telephony, H.323, SIP
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Technical documentation and use of all Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Effective time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities with attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Department of Defense Secret Clearance
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the corporation regardless of role or responsibility:
- Positive attitude . . . a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and resilience . . . a sense of urgency to obtain results . . . an ability to maintain a positive attitude when under pressure . . . an ability to keep things in perspective.
- Respect . . . a commitment to treat employees, clients and vendors with respect . . . a willingness to be respectful of others’ opinions and ideas . . . a commitment to respect the work of others.
- Professionalism . . . a high level of professionalism in attitude demeanor and dress . . . demonstrate maturity in handling confidential matters . . . a consistent businesslike demeanor and performance . . . common sense and good judgment…have good attendance and be punctual.
- Dependability . . . a reputation for doing what you say you are going to do . . . a willingness to go beyond the call of duty.
- Integrity . . . a track record of doing the right thing for the right reason . . . honesty and sincerity . . . earning the trust of clients and coworkers . . . maintaining strict standards of confidentiality.
- Commitment to quality . . . proof all work for accuracy…..a demand for excellence in all forms of communication . . . always looking after the smallest detail.
- Creativity . . . a reputation for innovative thinking . . . working with an entrepreneurial spirit . . . not only in the visual aspects of our work, but in all areas of our business.
AITC provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with AITC and who will strive to improve performance and results. If you are ethical, driven, personable, and energetic, there will be additional opportunities for you here at AITC.
Our team members are diverse and experienced professionals who are driven to meet high standards. They are passionate and demonstrate pride in their work and in AITC. If you join our team, you will have the rewarding experience of working in an innovative, collaborative, and high-pace work environment.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience, expertise, education, and potential. We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
AITC Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity in the workplace. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V
If you think you have what it takes to join our highly qualified team, please send your resume (MS Word or PDF format) to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.