The candidate will work with project team leaders to develop and maintain network solutions supporting integrated IT solutions. Support the integration of network communications systems, including design, operational and technical requirements, network engineering, and information assurance. Assist with the planning, design, and implementation of communications networks under general direction. Develop technical documentation and presentations, analyses of alternatives, hands-on implementation, and testing. Research, identify, analyze, plan, document, and communicate designs and implementation methods that enhance the effectiveness, assurance, and operational integrity of the network engineering solutions. Prepares technical documentation and presentations to engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the network. Performs a full range of upgrades to the existing network architecture.
The candidate will also support a vast number of other corporate tasks including: Developing technical solutions; Installing IT and A/V solutions at remote Project Sites; Conducting Information Assurance scans and Certifications, and other related IT, A/V, and IA efforts.
- Assist with the design, install and configure internal and customer facing servers, network devices and firewalls.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, and Microsoft HyperV technologies
- Assist with developing and implementing project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Assist with the design and implementation of monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions
- Document best practices and support procedures
- Responsible for support of Windows Server 2008 and 2012 along with Windows 7, 8 and 10 Professional.
- Group Policy configuration
- Microsoft IIS administration and configuration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Monitor and support server backups, virus protection, IAVA Compliance and patch management.
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q
- Monitor, analyze, and resolve problems that occur in the corporate network.
- Coordinate and summarize reporting of security notice compliancy.
- Maintain proficiency in all required certifications (Cisco, Brocade, Polycom, Crestron, HP, Dell, etc.).
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Evaluate vendor hardware, firewall, telecom and software and summarize recommendation
- Carry out special tasks at Management’s direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The incumbent is expected to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- 3 -5 years of IT system and network administration experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area.
- Possess professional IT training and certifications to include:
- A+ Certification required
- Net+ Certification required
- Security + Certification required
- CCNA preferred
- CCDA preferred
- Microsoft Certifications preferred
- Hands on experience with telecommunications systems including peripheral equipment (e.g. computer networks, optical fiber, on site controllers, data modems, terminals, etc.)
- Unified message (Lync, Avaya), IP Telephony, H.323, SIP
- Knowledge of the concepts and terms applicable to the state-of-the-art information systems;
- Operation and maintenance of information systems equipment;
- Tools and test equipment used in the installation and repair of information systems;
- Experience with network management and monitoring tools, such as WhatUp Gold, SolarWinds
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and capability to prepare Power Point briefs and Visio drawings
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities with attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Department of Defense Secret Clearance
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the corporation regardless of role or responsibility:
- Positive attitude . . . a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and resilience . . . a sense of urgency to obtain results . . . an ability to maintain a positive attitude when under pressure . . . an ability to keep things in perspective.
- Respect . . . a commitment to treat employees, clients and vendors with respect . . . a willingness to be respectful of others’ opinions and ideas . . . a commitment to respect the work of others.
- Professionalism . . . a high level of professionalism in attitude demeanor and dress . . . demonstrate maturity in handling confidential matters . . . a consistent businesslike demeanor and performance . . . common sense and good judgment…have good attendance and be punctual.
- Dependability . . . a reputation for doing what you say you are going to do . . . a willingness to go beyond the call of duty.
- Integrity . . . a track record of doing the right thing for the right reason . . . honesty and sincerity . . . earning the trust of clients and coworkers . . . maintaining strict standards of confidentiality.
- Commitment to quality . . . proof all work for accuracy…..a demand for excellence in all forms of communication . . . always looking after the smallest detail.
- Creativity . . . a reputation for innovative thinking . . . working with an entrepreneurial spirit . . . not only in the visual aspects of our work, but in all areas of our business.
AITC provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with AITC and who will strive to improve performance and results. If you are ethical, driven, personable, and energetic, there will be additional opportunities for you here at AITC.
Our team members are diverse and experienced professionals who are driven to meet high standards. They are passionate and demonstrate pride in their work and in AITC. If you join our team, you will have the rewarding experience of working in an innovative, collaborative, and high-pace work environment.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience, expertise, education, and potential. We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
AITC Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity in the workplace. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V
If you think you have what it takes to join our highly qualified team, please send your resume (MS Word or PDF format) to: mailto:email@example.com.